2 Chicken Breasts
10 Bamboo skewers
FOR THE MARINADE:
Small piece of fresh ginger
1 garlic clove
Juice of 1 lime
1 tbsp soy sauce
1 tbsp runny honey
1 tsp peanut butter
FOR THE SAUCE:
100g (4oz) Peanut butter (crunchy)
5 tbsp Coconut milk
1 tbsp Sweet chilli sauce
1 tsp Soy sauce
1. Soak the skewers in water for 30 minutes to stop them from scorching when you grill them.
2. Mix the marinade. Peel and grate the ginger (you should have about ¼ teaspoon), crush the garlic and put in a bowl along with the lime juice (set 1 teaspoon of the lime juice aside for later use), soy sauce, honey and peanut butter and whisk together.
3. Put the chicken breasts into a sealable polythene bag or cover with clingfilm and use a mallet or rolling pin to bash the chicken breasts until they are about ½ cm (¼ in) thick. Slice each chicken breast into 5 strips, add to the marinade and leave to marinate for about 30 minutes.
4. While the chicken is marinating you can make the sauce. Put the peanut butter, coconut milk, 5 tablespoons of water, the sweet chilli sauce and soy sauce in a small saucepan. Warm gently, stirring constantly, until everything has melted. Simmer for 1–2 minutes until the sauce thickens. Remove from the heat, then stir in the leftover lime juice and set aside.
5. Preheat the grill to medium-high. Thread the chicken strips onto the soaked skewers and put on a foil-lined baking sheet. Grill each side for about 5 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through. Serve with the dipping sauce.
6. Serve warm with crème fraîche