For the Marinade
1 tbsp Olive Oil • 2 tbsp Maple Syrup
1 tsp Chefs’ Selections Garlic Puree
Zest and juice of ½ large Orange
1 tsp Chefs’ Selections Dried Oregano
1 tbsp Cranberry Sauce
½ tsp Chefs’ Selections Cracked Black Pepper
⅓ tsp Chefs’ Selections Cooking Salt
Splash Chefs’ Selections White Wine Vinegar
2 Chefs’ Selections IVP Salmon Portions (3 sizes available, for this dish we have used 170-190g portions)
For the Accompaniments
2 Maris Piper Potatoes cut into 2cm cubes
3 tbsp Olive Oil (1 for potatoes, 1 for shallots and brussels & 1 for walnuts)
1 tsp Chefs’ Selections Dried Mixed Herbs
Chefs’ Selections Cracked Black Pepper (large pinch for potatoes & pinch for shallots and brussels)
Chefs’ Selections Salt (pinch for pinch for potatoes & pinch for shallots and brussels)
8 brussels sliced in half
2 shallots peeled & cut in half
30g Chefs’ Selections Walnut Halves roughly chopped
1 tbsp Chefs’ Selections Squeezy Honey
1 tbsp fresh Parsley roughly chopped
2 tbsp Crème Fraîche
1. Start by mixing all marinade ingredients in a bowl before pouring 2/3 over the salmon, covering and setting aside in the fridge for 1-24 hours. Keep the remaining marinade aside to serve.
2. Onto the roasts – pre-heat the oven to 220ºC/200ºC fan/gas 7. Tip the potato cubes into a large pan of cold water, bring to the boil over a high heat, then immediately drain and leave to steam-dry for a few minutes in a colander.
3. Lay onto a baking tray, drizzle with 1tbsp olive oil, dried mixed herbs, pinch of cracked black pepper and salt and use your hands to mix so evenly coated before spreading into a single layer. Place in the oven for 30 minutes ensuring to flip half-way through.
4. Meanwhile, lay brussels and shallots on a baking tray, drizzle with a tbsp of olive oil and season with a pinch of salt and pepper. When the potatoes have 20 minutes left, place in the oven to roast.
5. When your accomps have 15 mins left, place your marinated salmon on a lined baking tray and place in the oven for 12-15 mins until cooked through.
6. Meanwhile, mix a tbsp of olive oil with a tbsp of honey, add to a pan over a medium heat, add the walnuts and fry for 3-5 mins until evenly coated, sticky and starting to colour. Remove all veg accomps from the oven.
7. To serve, split the shallots, brussels and potatoes across two plates, top each with a salmon fillet followed by a scatter of walnuts, sprinkle of fresh parsley and a dollop of crème fraîche. Pour any remaining salmon marinade over the salmon and serve.
For a printable version, click here