Till Operative/Warehouse Person
We currently have the above vacancy at our Cash & Carry, Carmarthen.
The hours of work are 8:30 to 17:30, Tuesday, Wednesday and Friday, 8:30 to 19:30 Monday and Thursday plus one weekend in three (8:30 to 12:30 Saturday and 9:30 to 12:30 Sunday).
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Replenish the warehouse as required, ensure stock is always ready for picking
- Clean and maintain the warehouse in accordance with Health & Safety guidelines
- Conduct pre-start checks and minor maintenance of company equipment i.e. fork lift trucks, pump trucks, ladders
- Ensure all pallets are secure in accordance with Health & Safety regulations
- Complete daily records and reports accurately
- Ensure customers’ orders are picked promptly and accurately
- Serve customers on the tills promptly and accurately
- Serve customers in the Kiosk as and when required
- Rotating stock and check ‘best before’ dates
- Ensure food hygiene policies are adhered to at all times
- Operate a fork lift truck (if applicable)
- Assist in stock taking duties when required
- Cover the Cash Office as and when required
- Order stock in the relevant section of work, ensuring that there is sufficient stock available for needs of the business
- Pricing of stock in relevant section of work
- Merchandise of stock in relevant section
- Report all hazards to the Health & Safety Manager
- Ensure compliance to all the Company’s Policies are adhered to.
- Produce and update department procedures as per current legislation
The job will also include all other reasonable related and administrative duties / tasks as may be required from time to time.
You will be required to undergo any training requirements to enable you to carry out the above tasks safely, efficiently and skilfully.
If you feel you have the necessary qualities and experience to fulfil this role, please email your CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org by 5pm on Friday 1st June 2018.