Serves 6 as a main course
4784 Pheasant Breasts (1kg)
27094 Garlic Puree (2-3 TSP)
31340 Ginger Puree (2-3 TSP)
5934 Tandoori Paste (1 TBSP)
8030 Natural Yogurt (250g)
5784 Fresh Onions (1)
14169 Fresh Red Chillies (1)
5753 Fresh Lemon (1)
76024 Butter (3-4 TBSP)
817 Maggi Multi Use Tomato Sauce (800g)
22840 Ground Cumin (1 TSP)
91553 Oil (for frying)
2203 Double Cream (2 TBSP)
1404 Fresh Coriander
17785 Salt for Seasoning
- Put the yogurt into a bowl and add the tandoori paste, half of the garlic & ginger purees and chillies – then mix
- Dice and coat the pheasant pieces with the mixture and cover and leave overnight to marinade.
- Place pheasant pieces on an oven tray and dot with butter. Cook at 180 for 15-20 mins or until meat is cooked and starting to brown and juice runs clear.
- Fry the onions until soft and then add rest of garlic & ginger paste, ground cumin and paprika and fry together for 5 minutes.
- Put the tomato sauce into a pan with softened onions and other ingredients and cook until a rich sauce is achieved.
- Add the pheasant pieces to the sauce with any juices and mix well, simmer for 5 minutes and check for seasoning. Add half the juice of a lemon into the sauce.
- Add cream and sprinkle with chopped coriander.